You Have Rights. Let Me Help You Protect Them. SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION

Fathers' Rights Attorney in Charlotte, North Carolina

Charlotte Fathers’ Rights Advocate: Protecting Paternal Bonds in Mecklenburg County

Navigating the legal landscape of parental rights can be particularly daunting for fathers, especially in family law matters like child custody. At the Law Office of Jana K. Jones, PLLC, we champion fathers’ rights and ensure that paternal figures are treated equitably and granted the same legal considerations as mothers in family law proceedings.

Establishing Parental Rights for Fathers

In North Carolina, fathers can establish parental rights through various avenues. If the father is married to the mother at the time of the child’s birth, his name will typically appear on the birth certificate, granting him immediate parental rights. However, if the father is unmarried to the mother, he may need to initiate paternity proceedings to establish legal recognition as the child’s father.

There are two primary methods to establish paternity:

  1. Voluntary Paternity Acknowledgment: Fathers can voluntarily acknowledge their paternity by filling out a form that legally recognizes them as the child’s father.

  2. Court-Ordered Paternity Suit: If paternity is disputed or contested, either the mother or a third party can initiate a paternity suit in court to obtain an official determination of paternity.

Once paternity is established, fathers gain full parental rights and responsibilities, including custody and visitation arrangements.

Understand Your Rights

Child Custody Considerations in North Carolina

When determining child custody in North Carolina, courts prioritize the best interests of the child above all else. This holistic assessment encompasses the child’s physical, emotional, and intellectual needs, as well as their relationship with each parent and other significant individuals in their life.

While there’s a common misconception that mothers automatically receive custody, North Carolina courts base custody decisions on the child’s welfare and not gender biases. Factors such as parental involvement, stability, and the child’s preferences (if mature enough to express them) are carefully evaluated.

Our Role as Fathers’ Rights Advocates

At the Law Office of Jana K. Jones, PLLC, we understand the complexities and challenges fathers face in asserting their parental rights. Our legal team works tirelessly to ensure that fathers are given fair consideration in custody matters and have the opportunity to maintain meaningful relationships with their children.

Our services include:

  1. Legal Representation: We provide legal representation for fathers navigating child custody disputes, ensuring their voices are heard and their rights are protected.

  2. Mediation and Negotiation: Whenever possible, we advocate for amicable resolutions through mediation and negotiation, prioritizing mutually beneficial outcomes for parents and childreb.

  3. Court Advocacy: In cases where litigation is necessary, we fiercely advocate for fathers’ rights in court, presenting compelling arguments and evidence to support our clients’ positions.

  4. Modifications: We assist fathers in seeking modifications to custody and visitation arrangements when significant life changes warrant adjustments to existing court orders.

Schedule a Consultation Today

If you’re a father seeking to establish or protect your parental rights in Mecklenburg County, we’re here to help. Contact the Law Office of Jana K. Jones, PLLC, at 704-275-3505 to schedule a consultation Let us be your trusted legal ally in safeguarding your relationship with your children.